Meeting on the 13th of August 2021
- Organisatorial progress
- Feedback to the research talk presentation
- Topics of promising future research direction.
- Next steps.
- Date of the next meeting.
Top 1: Organisational Update
- Resident permit application – still in progress (awaiting appointment)
Top 2: Feedback to Research Talk presentation
- Use of the University of Leoben slides template for official presentation is required.
- Use of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) as footer or header for any presentation not required.
- Microsoft office tools, Latex etc. can be used for documents preparation
Top 3: Topics of Promising Future Research Direction
- Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) optimization using reinforcement learning: In this topic, we propose to study how reinforcement machine learning techniques could be used to optimize LQR controllers.
- Design and implementation of an Environmental Survey Robot (to be called MoLBot): In this topic, we proposed to develop a teleprensence robot to be used as a demonstrative system for testing control designs, navigations and motion planning algorithms with the capabilities of interacting with the environment (providing one with a remote pair of mobile eyes and ears to have remote presence at any location). Interactive and sensing features should includes Touch screen, LiDAR sensor, RGB-D camera, or a laser scanner etc.
- Development of an Innovative Stairs Climbing Robot: This project is proposed to develop a robot with the capabilities of climbing floor steps. The type of wheels to adapt the robot for the steps climbing not yet decided.
- Elevator Caller Robot: This project aims to develop a robot that can autonomously operate the university elevator. The features should at least include ROS Bluetooth with secure encryption.
- EV3 Lego Project: In this project, we proposed to assemble the existing EV3 Lego robot parts and train students on environmental perception, navigation and motion planning.
- Search for adaptable robot wheels for the implementation of topic 3 above
- Search for a robot base for the implementation of topic 2 above
Next meeting was scheduled on Wednesday, 18th August, 2021. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.