Meeting on the 18th of August 2021
- Review of the previous meeting action points
- Discussion of the first research topic
- Robot for Control, SLAM, Navigation & Motion Planning Research
Topic 1: Design and Implementation of an Environment Survey Robot
Safe human – robot interaction : The robot must have to project the direction of motion in the working environment (enabling humans to note the direction of motion of the robot).
Navigation and Motion Planning: Move around the environment with smooth turning motion (no jerky) and gradual stopping motion. The robot must at the same time detect and avoid obstacles at the workspace.
Localization and Mapping: Update the map of the unknown environment and at the same time keeping track of its current location with respect to the map.
Topic 2: Robots into consideration for the tasks
- Investigate the interconnection of Realsense cameras as a Kalman filter
- Experimentation with the Lego EV3
Next meeting was scheduled on Thursday, 26th August, 2021. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.