Meeting on the 26th of August 2021
- Review of the previous meeting action points
- Continuation of research discussion on robot control, SLAM, navigation & motion planning
Topic 1: Previous action points
Intel Realsense Cameras:
– ROS Setup and Configuration: Setup and configure both the tracking (T265) and the depth (D435i) cameras in ROS for simultaneous data streaming and rendering.
– Data acquisition and object tracking: Perform data acquisition and object tracking (pose estimation) with the integration of the tracking and depth cameras.
– SLAM: Investigate the implementation of a visual SLAM algorithm with the Intel Realsense camera.
Lego EV3 Project:
– VS Code Setup: Setup the Lego robot in the visual studio programming interface.
– Control and Experiments: Perform some control experiments and obstacle avoidance using the integrated ultrasonic and other sensors.
Topic 2: Robots into consideration for the tasks
- Check for SLAM and mapping algorithms, and its implementation in ROS
- Create map of an environment (possibly the university building map with our Intel Realsense Camera)
- Continue with the experimentation with the Lego EV3 (Advance object manipulation, planning and control of production systems using  as reference).
Next meeting was scheduled on Thursday, 2nd September, 2021. 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Reference N. Mustafee, K.-H.G. Bae, S. Lazarova-Molnar, M. Rabe, C. Szabo, P. Haas, and Y.-J. Son, eds, ‘A LEGO manufacturing system as demonstrator for a real-time simulation proof of concept’, Proceedings of the 2019 Winter Simulation Conference.