Tactile Sensing approach description and hand implementation
Topic 1: Implementation of Robotic hand in the Manipulator and Data acquisition
- Data acquisition from robotic gripper
- Repeatability check for same grasp configuration
Topic 2: Implement Existing Algorithm
Implement any existing algorithm when the robotic hand implementation is done. This needs to be discussed later.
- Attach the Robot hand to the Manipulator.
- Collect the tactile data for different objects and check repeatability of data.
Tactile Data Prediction from Tactile Sensing and Computer Vision without touch
- B. S. Zapata-Impata, P. Gil, Y. Mezouar and F. Torres, “Generation of Tactile Data From 3D Vision and Target Robotic Grasps,” in IEEE Transactions on Haptics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 57-67, 1 Jan.-March 2021, doi: 10.1109/TOH.2020.3011899.
Tactile Data Prediction on Novel objects through Touch
- Z. Abderrahmane, G. Ganesh, A. Crosnier and A. Cherubini, “A Deep Learning Framework for Tactile Recognition of Known as Well as Novel Objects,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 423-432, Jan. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TII.2019.2898264.
- Zambelli, M., Aytar, Y., Visin, F., Zhou, Y., & Hadsell, R. (2021). Learning rich touch representations through cross-modal self-supervision. ArXiv, abs/2101.08616.
- M. Kaboli, R. Walker and G. Cheng, “Re-using prior tactile experience by robotic hands to discriminate in-hand objects via texture properties,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2016, pp. 2242-2247, doi: 10.1109/ICRA.2016.7487372.
Next meeting will take place on Thursday, 21st August, 2021. 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm.