Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Rueckert is organizing this doctoral seminar.
The goals of this course are
- Instruction in the scientific treatment of problems in machine learning,
robotics and cyber-physical systems.
- Presentation and defense of own hypotheses in the field of the respective dissertation.
- Guidelines for writing scientific papers at an international level.
- Discussion of the content and structure of a doctoral thesis.
- Discussion of CVs with examples of Ph.Ds., Postdocs, early career stage professors and of full professors.
- Discussion on potential career paths and differences in the individual systems.
You are a doctoral student and would like to learn how AI achievements are presented, defended, and discussed?
This course will give you the opportunity to discuss all aspects of a doctoral thesis and of potential career paths in AI. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Rueckert will discuss best practices in publishing, presenting and how to get the ideal future job.
- 07.10.22 13:15 Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Rueckert gives an Introduction to the content of the doctoral seminar. Also online via: https://unileoben.webex.com/meet/elmar.rueckert
- 14.10.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 21.10.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 28.10.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 04.11.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 11.11.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 18.11.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 25.11.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 02.12.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 09.12.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 16.12.22 13:15 – 17:30
- 13.01.23 13:15 – 17:30
- 20.01.23 13:15 – 17:30
- 27.01.23 13:15 – 17:30
Location & Time
- Location: Hybrid Event in the Office of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Rueckert or in the CPS LAB and online via: https://unileoben.webex.com/meet/elmar.rueckert
- Dates: see the list of talks above
Links and Resources
- Paper writing guide by UCI: https://guides.lib.uci.edu/c.php?g=334338&p=2249902
- Paper writing guide by CSU: https://writing.colostate.edu/guides/guide.cfm?guideid=83