Meeting notes on the 23rd of March 2022
- Discussion of the research progress
- Discussion of related literature for 2D Lidar-based SLAM and path planning for improved autonomous navigation
Topic 1: SLAM + Path Planning Algorithms
- Compare Lidar-based SLAM with RGBD-based
- Select the appropriate algorithm to build the SLAM system
- Evaluate the performances of the chosen SLAM + path planning algorithm in terms of:
- computational efficiency
- collision avoidance in a dynamic environment.
Topic 2: Real-time Implementation
- Compare our two mobile bases:
- Implement the chosen SLAM algorithm to solve the problem of loop closure that we are currently facing.
- Send the robot to a specific goal location within the laboratory
Toward improved autonomous navigation in real-time with any of our mobile bases.
Yet to be defined