Meeting notes on the 29th of August, 2022
- Discussion of the research progress
- Discussion on the Hardware-X journal publication
- Discussion of the next project after hardware-X submission
Topic 1: Journal Publication - Hardware-X
- Re-design the robot base for the hardware-X publication
- Publish the following file:
- CAD files including the URDF
- ROS nodes and schematics
- Show some experimental results e.g real-time control and monitoring with ROS-Mobile and Android-based devices; remote control from Arduino and joystick etc.
- Perform SLAM and demonstrate some experiment.
Topic 2: Conference paper for possible publication in IROS, ECMR etc:
- Open source open shuttle (O2S) for SLAM and navigation applications: – Compare the existing SLAM algorithms for efficient navigation in a cluttered and dynamic environment
- O2S intention signalling: – for safe human-robot interaction (HRI) using intention signalling.
- Mobile robot teleoperation through hand gestures approach (possible for publication at the National European conference )
- Deep navigation with O2S (proposal for Christoper M.Sc. thesis – subject to changes pending the outcome of the meeting on Friday)
Survey of open-shuttles in logistics: Possible for A.I based journal publication
Yet to be defined